DOLPHINS PLEASURE Dolphins pencil illustration
A grateful heart has a continual feast Dolphins pencil illustration
Treasure simple pleasures
And your wealth is abundant
I was commissioned to illustrate the three dolphins in 1994. Dolphins pencil illustration
My client had a wish to show this illustration in his lounge room and supplied his photo reference for illustrating.
While drawing I considered the wonder of dolphins playing in their own domain when a sense of awe engulfed me. Amazing. The creative genius of God motivated my praise.
The challenge to illustrate and control pencil leads to sensitive mid-tone *(Chiaroscuro) capture. The light and liquid feel of the dolphin’s skin caused me to experiment. I wanted a more sensitive pencil stroke and used a combination of 2b, 4b, and 6b pencils with fingertip rubbings in mid-tone areas.
The drawing was created on archival, acid-free watercolor paper and sealed with UV archival spray.
* Chiaroscuro (Italian for light-dark) in art is the use of strong contrasts between light and dark, usually bold contrasts affecting a whole composition.
The reproductions of this work could sit comfortably on the walls of apartment blocks surrounding Central Park New York, downtown business foyers in Manhattan, or the passionate surfers batch on the Gold Coast of Australia
To my embarrassment, I have no record of the person I illustrated it for. No doubt we will meet again and hopefully, to his surprise, he will note the increased value of his investment.
STATUS and MATERIALS
ORIGINAL SOLD – * Reproductions available
2b, 4b, and 6b lead pencil on archival, acid-free watercolor paper.
* Original and Limited Edition reproductions supplied with Provenance, coded Authentication of Sale Certificate, and maintenance/care information.
15 LIMITED EDITIONS “PENCIL ENHANCED” CANVAS REPRODUCTIONS
Please ask about the price and sizes.
25 LIMITED EDITIONS CANVAS REPRODUCTIONS *
Unframed sizes | 850 x short side – $850 | 550 x short side – $550
Printed on long-life archival canvas. Protected with two coats of UV archival spray.
* Stretch mounted reproductions will incur added charges for mounting and freight.
OPEN EDITION POSTER ART PRINTS *
Unframed sizes | 594 x short side – $120 | 420 x short side – $92
* Posters printed on fine art papers and treated with two coats of UV archival spray.
FASHION and PRODUCTS
- Includes insurance and package/handling fees.
- The Original and Limited Edition reproductions ship with the Provenance coded Authentication of Sale Certificate and maintenance information.
- Poster art prints ship in insured tubes.