DOUBLE BASE – To resonate from silence
$92 – $1,400
DOUBLE BASE – To resonate from silence Orchestra music illustration
ORIGINAL FOR SALE – POA @ this link
The language of sound
And crowned Orchestra music illustration
I drew this illustration from a photograph and article about Li-Wei Qin in Auckland’s Weekend Herald on March 1st, 2014. Li-Wei is a Chinese Australian of world renown with a deep passion for the color of sound in music.
My motivation was from the positioning in the portrait.
As I value music and orchestral sound, this image challenged me to concentrate on the source of the instrument’s resonance. This is a wonder of my human experience as I watch fingers, and a bow stroking strings. The soundbox design plays a major role in how the sound resonates.
I guess as a music lover, this delightful work will find its way to New York or London, maybe even a Paris wall where the story resonates in the spirit of the buyer. This illustration would also grace the wall of a farmer’s Bach in the back blocks of any country district. In the cool of the evening, they may play their favorite piece of orchestral music, calming, contemplating the story in this art piece.
During the process of illustrating this piece, I heard music that raised me from the cares of the world into an image of pleasure.
Music for all
Music is a very powerful and necessary part of our well-being.
We all want to worship something and music is a tool conveying what we worship. Instrumentation and poetry in song express all lamentations, joys, anger, loves, and fears known to man. We would be depressingly morbid without it.
STATUS and MATERIALS
ORIGINAL FOR SALE * $1400
6b lead pencil on archival, acid-free watercolor paper framed on acid-free photo mount board.
* Original and Limited Edition reproductions are supplied with Provenance, coded Authentication of Sale Certificate, and maintenance/care information.
15 LIMITED EDITIONS “PENCIL ENHANCED” CANVAS REPRODUCTIONS
Please ask about the price and sizes.
25 LIMITED EDITIONS CANVAS REPRODUCTIONS *
Unframed sizes | 850 x short side – $850 | 550 x short side – $550
Printed on long-life archival canvas. Protected with two coats of UV archival spray.
* Stretch mounted reproductions will incur added charges for mounting and freight.
OPEN EDITION POSTER ART PRINTS *
Unframed sizes | 594 x short side – $120 | 420 x short side – $92
* Posters printed on fine art papers and treated with two coats of UV archival spray.
FASHION and PRODUCTS
- Includes insurance and package/handling fees.
- The Original and Limited Edition reproductions ship with the Provenance coded Authentication of Sale Certificate and maintenance information.
- Poster art prints ship in insured tubes.