NEW ZEALAND DOTTEREL – Basking in Omaha’s sun
New Zealand Dotterel Omaha
From so far away
Sunshine on my chest
Embers of the day
Another one of those pleasant days in the warmth of summer enticed me to Omaha beach. Looking for Oyster Catchers, New Zealand Dotterels, shells, waves colors and anything with an interest to photograph for painting.
Sounds of the oceans gentle swell caressing the shoreline, the smell of salt in the air, the crunch of discarded sea shells crushed underfoot, to become the next generation of sand, were all part of wonder for me this day.
It wasn’t long before the pinnacle of my search became rewarding. Sunshine, tufts of grass, broken shells and many Dotterel basking in the pleasure. All I had to do was lay on the ground with my camera, a 200 mm lens and observe. It was also necessary having a good dose of patience.
I tracked two scurrying across the top of a shell ridge, another in flight and then to my right were some Oyster Catchers preening themselves on rocks and then jump flying their way down to the sand for some more preening. I had the privilege of being a partaker in this moment and here you have the privilege of enjoying this image from that day. It was such a simple pleasure, I have nothing more to say.
You can tell this story in London or Paris and Beijing or Sydney. Even Oprah Winfrey, Barak Obama or Mr. Putin, or maybe even your spiteful neighbor might enjoy its simple story. Because no matter what political, religious or philosophical boundary in our culture that makes our heart sing, we all get to play our songs on a planet under the watchful eye of its producer in heaven.
If we are too busy to enjoy these simple delights before our eyes and share them, even with our enemies, then we are too busy and maybe fear is stopping us to live heaven on earth. Ask Jesus. He knows full well how fear drove us to kill him and then lie to cover our secrets. This little Dotterel has no idea how twisted mankind’s thinking is, but it runs for protection because it has an inner knowledge. It can’t trust most of us to look after it, so it too can enjoy the sunshine on its beautiful chest.
25 LIMITED EDITIONS “ACRYLIC ENHANCED” CANVAS REPRODUCTIONS *
Please ask about frames, sizes, and price.
* Limited Edition reproductions supplied with Provenance, coded Authentication of Sale Certificate and maintenance/care information.
75 LIMITED EDITIONS CANVAS REPRODUCTIONS *
Unframed sizes | 960 x short side – $1150 | 650 x short side – $925
Printed on long life archival canvas and protected with two coats of UV archival protection spray.
* Stretch mounted reproductions will incur added charges for mounting and freight.
OPEN EDITION POSTER ART PRINTS *
Unframed sizes | 594 x short side – $145 | 420 x short side – $95
* Posters printed on fine art papers and treated with two coats of UV archival protection spray.
PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT CORRUGATED GARDEN ART SIZES AND PRICES *
We offer varying prices and sizes from | 400 round to 1500 x 820 (includes frond sculpture and solar lighting)
Printed on specially treated small corrugation roof metal and high-pressure water cut to shape. Treated with UV varnish for long life protection.
* The corrugated garden art was developed from some of the images in my book “The Joys of Matakana Coast and Country 1”. Typed on an iPhone 5s and photographed with a Canon 5D Mark 1 and 7D. Editing completed on a 27″ iMac in Photoshop CC.
* Add-ons include rusted Core10 frond support and solar lighting for outdoors.
FASHION and PRODUCTS
- Includes insurance and package/handling fees.
- The Original and Limited Edition reproductions ship with the Provenance coded Authentication of Sale Certificate and maintenance information.
- Poster art prints ship in insured tubes.