LIVING IN THE FLIGHT PATH
$92 – $850
LIVING IN THE FLIGHT PATH – Inspired by Australian Indigenous Art and a Silvereye Silvereye indigenous illustration flight
ORIGINAL SOLD *
Dream a dream Silvereye indigenous illustration flight
This illustration was part of the dream time inspiration for Ian’s painting “It’s A Rich Life”.
You may imagine this piece of artwork would be a delightful addition to any New York or London home and office.
The ex-pat Australian or New Zealander who understands the nature of the Silvereye would find this work attractive. With its link to the story, “It’s a Rich Life”, the appeal is even stronger.
The Silvereye (Wax Eye, White Eye) feeds on insect prey and large amounts of fruit and nectar. This makes them the occasional pests of commercial orchardists. It helps pollinate plants. Its Māori name, Tauhou, means “stranger” or more literally, “new arrival”. A migrating flock blew off course in the 1850s, which leads to beliefs about how it had an introduction to New Zealand.
The small Silvereye has a childlike appeal in Australia and New Zealand. Unless you are an orchardist!
As I observed their antics of seeking nectar in flowers, I saw the good and negative effects they had on the fruit industry. Despite the bad, I chose the appeal of color and flight to be a necessary element in “It’s A Rich Life”.
As I explored the Aboriginal approach to storytelling in the painting, this image became a composition in itself.
STATUS and MATERIALS
ORIGINAL SOLD *
Acrylic paint and inks on acid-free watercolor paper, matted and framed on an acid-free artboard. Matt UV archival varnish is used to protect the illustration.
* Original and Limited Edition reproductions are supplied with Provenance, coded Authentication of Sale Certificate, and maintenance/care information.
10 LIMITED EDITIONS “PENCIL ENHANCED” FINE ART PAPER REPRODUCTIONS
Please ask about frames, sizes, and prices.
* Pencil-enhanced Giclée Fine Art Papers.
50 LIMITED EDITIONS CANVAS REPRODUCTIONS *
Unframed sizes | 850 x short side – $850 | 550 x short side – $550
Printed on long-life archival canvas and protected with two coats of UV archival spray.
* Stretch-mounted reproductions will incur added charges for mounting and freight.
OPEN EDITION POSTER ART PRINTS *
Unframed sizes | 594 x short side – $120 | 420 x short side – $92
* Posters printed on fine art papers and treated with two coats of UV archival spray.
FASHION and PRODUCTS
- Includes insurance and package/handling fees.
- The Original and Limited Edition reproductions ship with the Provenance coded Authentication of Sale Certificate and maintenance information.
- Poster art prints ship in insured tubes.