SEEDS OF DESIRE – Resurrected in glory
$120 – $35,000
SEEDS OF DESIRE – Within a seed, the harvest is hidden for a multitude to feed on. Resurrected in glory. Sunflower, Oil Painting, Seeds, Desire, Sparrows in flight.
For interested buyers, don’t hesitate to ask at this link for a “First in first serve” acquisition of the framed original or number 1 of 15 limited edition acrylic enhanced reproductions.
Before an egg, there is a sparrow
Before a sunflower, there is a seed
Before a city, there is a dream
Before a dream, there is a mind
Before a mind, there is a life
Where there is life there is death
Before death, there is life
You must be born before you die
You must die to be Born Again
I dreamed of painting a grand oil painting from this sunflower. I considered it such a proud wonder. This transpired in my friend Hugh’s garden. The challenge became clear to photograph glory with more impact than normally considered. I knew choosing a polarizing filter would enhance the deeper blue sky with a cleaner rich brilliance in the yellow.
The printed photo was stunning and I knew immediately, “I had to create the oil painting”.
This painting was on and off the project over many years. Each time I came back to the easel I had something more to add. During the adventure, I stumbled across an oil paint antiquing process, the technique of adding an authentic aged look to the background.
Painting the sunflower was a photo realism challenge. It tugged at my storytelling ability to add more drama.
And then came the sparrows, a translucent city, and the story of photosynthesis.
The painting relates to the story I see in Photosynthesis or Metabolism (the science, chemistry, and biology of a plant’s function) running parallel to passions of the human spirit.
I am in awe when I look past the sunflower into the sky and universe beyond petals. I worship, not the flower of creation, but the God who made all possibilities. A Metamorphosis, from the death of one giving birth to another, is seen in God’s mystery, the birth, love, and death of His Son.
A seed needs to be planted in soil, die naturally, and resurrect from death to its new life.
In this case, from the sunflower seed the sunflower, the sparrows from the male seed, and the seed of man’s dreams in city creativity. They want to have dominion over creation to build cities in which to dream dreams and play the game of life.
No life is possible without seed thoughts. “Let us Create” is in the image and likeness of God’s nature. These desires originated in our founding father’s hearts. His separation from us died in death. His resurrection and new fellowship with mankind show His glory.
The seed sown from man and nurtured in the womb of woman has given me life after its death, to create this image. Therefore, within the seed is the purpose of life.
Bury it, nurture it and you will see its glory flourish before your eyes, the way God created it to be.
• Photosynthesis – The synthesis of complex organic materials by plants from water, carbon dioxide, and inorganic salts using sunlight as the source of energy and with the aid of a catalyst such as chlorophyll.
• Synthesis – The combination of parts or elements as material substances or objects of thought, into a complex whole (Chem.) the forming or building up of a more complex substance or compound by the union of elements or the combination of simpler compounds or radicals.
• Metabolism – The chemical processes that occur within a living organism to keep up with life. There are two kinds of metabolism. 1. Constructive metabolism – the synthesis of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats that form tissue and store energy. 2. Destructive metabolism – the breakdown of complex substances and the consequent production of energy and waste matter.
• Metamorphosis – This is the biological process by which an animal physically develops after birth or hatching, involving a conspicuous and relatively abrupt change in the animal’s body structure through cell growth and differentiation.
STATUS and MATERIALS
ORIGINAL FOR SALE * Bid or tender for the original artwork. All offers considered around $35,000
Painted with artist oils on gesso primed New Zealand hardboard and mounted on chemically treated (for long life) New Zealand Macrocarpa timber support. The oils are finished and protected with gloss dammar varnish.
* Original and Limited Edition reproductions are supplied with Provenance, coded Authentication of Sale Certificate, and maintenance/care information.
15 LIMITED EDITIONS “ACRYLIC ENHANCED” CANVAS REPRODUCTIONS
Please ask about the price and sizes – Replicating original size (1050 x 2470) or 1000 circle on stretch mounted archival canvas starting from $3500 inc GST
75 LIMITED EDITIONS CANVAS REPRODUCTIONS *
Unframed sizes | 960 x short side – $960 | 650 x short side – $650
Printed on long-life archival canvas and protected with two coats of UV archival spray.
* Stretch mounted reproductions will incur added charges for mounting and freight.
OPEN EDITION POSTER ART PRINTS *
Unframed sizes | 594 x short side – $120
* Posters printed on fine art papers and treated with two coats of UV archival protection spray.
- Includes insurance and package/handling fees.
- The Original and Limited Edition reproductions ship with the Provenance coded Authentication of Sale Certificate and maintenance information.
- Poster art prints ship in insured tubes.